Career and Social Media:
First thing you need to do in order to be successful in your Career/Job Search is to develop your Career Search Plan. Once you have completed this - Then you are on your way towards being satisfied in understanding the Career/Job search market.
Tell your Story - Accomplishments
There is/are three (3) phases to this:
- Bullet form
- Sentence Structure
- Tell your Story
Talking Points - Interviews
- Action / task / event
The best way to define social media is to break it down. Media is an instrument on communication, like a newspaper or a radio, so social media would be a social instrument of communication.
Example of Social Media websites:
- Social Bookmarking. (Blinklist, Simpy) Interact by tagging websites and searching through websites bookmarked by other people.
- Social News. (CNN, Propeller, Reddit) Interact by voting for articles and commenting on them.
- Social Networking. (LinkedIn, Facebook) Interact by adding friends, commenting on profiles, joining groups and having discussions.
- Social Photo and Video Sharing. (YouTube, Flickr) Interact by sharing photos or videos and commenting on user submissions.
- Wikis. (Wikipedia Wikia) Interact by adding articles and editing existing articles.